Saturday, October 1, 2011

vaccine reaction

Ada seems to be having a mild reaction to the vaccine this time, which seems weird to me since she didn't have a reaction to the first one. She has a low grade fever and some redness and swelling at the injection spot. She's also tired and grumpy, which is making me sad. Hopefully today will be the last day of it. Last night we gave her some infant tylenol to help her out, and she conked out about 30 minutes after the dosage.

I can't believe that today is October 1st. I had to stare at my phone for a minute today when I saw the calendar said "1". Ada will be 5 month old in a few days, and I really can't figure out where the time has gone. The next couple of months will be a whirlwind of work and holidays and suddenly it will be 2012. And then she'll be turning one. I guess that's just the way it goes - time passes and children grow up.

Next week I start going back to work without her. Josh will have her on Sundays, and we'll have a nanny take care of her on Thursday and Saturday. I've found someone who can take her on Thursday for right now, but I have to work on a permanent situation, because this person can't take her on Saturdays. I'd like to have one person who can do both days. Apparently it is harder to find a part time nanny than a full time one.

I'm going to miss her so much, but I'm also excited to get back to work without her. I've never felt so torn about anything. I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly enough.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you that you are able to work a little bit at this point. Great job on all that pumping! Go mama!

    ReplyDelete