Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pity Party!

This has just been one of those weeks. Pregnancy wise, everything is going fine, and I feel pretty good, and I just want to rest and eat and eat and eat. And I want to eat sort of weird things finally, like last night, about an hour after I ate my dinner, I ate an entire can of black eyed peas. Then today, after lunch, I ate a whole can of beets, with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Sudden canned food cravings?! I dunno.
Regular life though, has been extremely annoying this week. Work is super slow, slower than the usual between holidays slow, and I can't shake feeling really stressed that I'm going to have to lay one or two people off in January. We got a citation and fine from the city this week for our grease trap being more than 25% full, which I didn't even know was a fine-able thing, or that there was even a city inspector for that.

Josh has been out of town all week, and it sounds like he has to leave again next week. Then, my car broke down again, probably because a few months ago I went on and on about how awesome my car is and how it never breaks. Then, $1600 timing chain, and now… the clutch. I haven't even taken it to the shop yet, because I can't handle hearing how much it will cost. It's been pouring rain for 2 days, and isn't supposed to stop for the next 2 weeks, so going outside for exercise, or anything at all, has been pretty much impossible. Katie threw out her back again at work and so I had to go in today on my day off and cover her shift, and we'll see about tomorrow I guess.

And now tonight, my sewing machine broke. Usually I can fix it, but I can't figure it out this time, and I'm right in the middle of making everyone's christmas presents! I was trying to save money by making gifts instead of buying them, and it was going so well, and I'm getting a lot better at sewing and I think the things I was making were cooler than stuff I could buy. I have like 4 projects going at once and none of then are done. I might try to finish up one tonight by hand, and maybe tomorrow I'll take my machine into the shop.

Whew. I feel better now that I wrote it all out. I know it will all be fine, but man, I can't wait for December to be over already.

1 comment:

  1. Dude. I know I heard all this last night, but man, it seems to suck worse to see it all in print. Maybe you could take your sewing machine and your car to the same shop and get a bulk repair discount? Also, those are weird food cravings. The black eyed peas I can get behind, but beets with balsamic vinegar? Hmm....

    ReplyDelete