Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dadurday

Saturdays have turned into Josh's day with Ada. He gets up with her in the morning and lets me sleep in a bit, unless she sleeps until 9am like she's been doing, then we all just get up. This week he got her up and made pancakes. The morning light was so good, I love this photo! There are a few more great ones on the flickr page.


She's been so much fun the last few weeks. We got her a $5 mobile from Ikea and hung it over her changing table. Best $5 we ever spent! She stares at it for so long and just smiles and laughs. She's also sleeping 5-6 hours a stretch at night, which is pretty much the best thing ever. I'm excited she finally grew into the booties Sherry crocheted while she was here, dressing her in girly clothes is fun.


Grandma and Grandpa (Sherry and Steve) are coming to visit Friday and we're looking forward to it! I can't wait for Sherry to see how much she's grown. She's so much more fun now! And I'm probably more fun too, now that I'm not in pain all over and exhausted. It will be her first time meeting her Grandpa too, so exciting!
In a couple weeks Ada and I will fly to Austin. Josh is flying to Vegas for work then meeting u sin Austin. I'm a little nervous about flying with her alone, but I've been trying to get her used to the moby wrap carrier so she'll sleep in it on the plane. Hopefully we sit next to someone nice. It's going to be so hit in Texas, but it will be worth it to see Julie!

1 comment:

  1. OMG - I love those booties!! Look how cute they are! I can't wait to see all of you guys, but I have to admit I'm a little partial to squeezing those baby cheeks again. :) The 5-6 hours a night sounds pretty awesome. She's a smart girl - I guess she figured out pretty quickly that a rested mom = a happy mom = a happy baby.

    ReplyDelete