Thursday, October 21, 2010

FIRST APPOINTMENT EEEEEEEEE!

I'm just waiting for Josh to get home, and we get to see the midwife today! They said to expect blood work, urine sample, lots of questions, an exam, and a doppler ultrasound to hear the baby's heartbeat. I don't know why I'm so excited, except maybe that it will feel more "real" after we hear the heartbeat? And I guess just knowing everything seems to be normal will alleviate some underlying stress. We're using Providence Hospital's Maternal Care Clinic, which is really close to my work (3 blocks from my last apartment too) and is staffed by 6 midwives and a full time doctor. Today we have an appointment with Linda Nelson (a midwife), and at some point we will see each of the midwives. That way, whichever one is on duty when we are ready to give birth, we will have met and worked with. I've heard good and bad reviews of this system, we'll see how it goes. I'm nervous that I will be particularly happy with one or two of them, but end up with one of the others for the birth. Or what if one of them is weird about me being vegan? Or maybe it will be awesome and I'll love them all!
I've been pounding glasses of water all day today, so I can be sure I'll have to pee when the urine sample time comes. Am I the only one who has performance anxiety about this? Josh is home! Time to go!

1 comment:

  1. performance anxiety...hahahahaha! you're pregnant! how can you have performance anxiety about having to pee? isn't it like an every 5 minutes occurrence now? :)

    ReplyDelete