Monday, October 25, 2010

Sleep and Yoga

I've been feeling pretty lucky for having what seems to be an easy first trimester. I'm feeling like my normal self now, except that I tire out easily, which seems pretty normal, but I'm struggling a bit to not feel grumpy when I don't have my normal stamina. I worked yesterday, and then I got to come home and watch tv on the couch for a couple hours while Josh made dinner for us. He's pretty great about that stuff, and I eventually fell asleep on the couch. I tried to convince him to carry me to bed because I was too tired to walk, but he wouldn't do it, mostly because of one bad carrying to bed experience we had before.
I go to sleep, and then 6 hours later… AWAKE. Which usually means 4am or so. It's so frustrating! So I get up and watch tv (I've been streaming "Dead Like Me" episodes on Netflix) until 6 or so, when I fall asleep on the couch again. Then Josh gets up for work, and I get back in bed for an hour. I guess maybe this is just my new routine, but it's pretty annoying.

So today I'm up early, but i'm excited since I'm heading off to my pre-natal yoga class in a bit. I've only been once so far, but I loved it. Can't wait for all that great stretching again today. Holding out hope that someone with a due date closer to mine will be there this time.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Hope your yoga class was great today. The more I hear about Josh, the more I love him! You got a winner....

    ReplyDelete
  2. One good thing about being up so early: You can call EST people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope yoga is good today! Sorry about the sleep stuff - that is frustrating. Too bad you can't get drunk before bed to knock yourself out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're right jules! i am sad about not drinking beer. i don't know why i miss it so much, it's silly. And mom, i know! Josh is pretty great. Plus he does all the laundry, so when my i'm at the end of my 3 shirts that fit right now, the first one is always clean and in the closet again. How is that even possible?!

    ReplyDelete