Sunday, October 17, 2010

12 weeks!

Almost anyway, close enough! Next week is our first appointment with the midwives, finally. It seems like we've been waiting forever even though it's only been a month. Although from what I understand in baby terms, a month is forever! We'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat (with Doppler), which we're both very excited about. I have lots of pictures for you guys for this post. Sorry it's been awhile. For awhile there nothing was really going on, but I've started to actually show in the last week or two. A few weeks ago I was extremely bloated and looked like this:


I am now fairly certain this was all air, and I did really good job of not farting in front of Josh even once. Stella, on the other hand, has been farting up a storm lately, and since she follows me around constantly, I'm sure I can easily blame it on her if it happens.


Around the same time, this is what Josh looked like. He decided that since he bought brown pants for the wedding, he could turn dressing up for work into an excuse to look like he was auditioning for That 70's Show.

I spent a day off shopping. It started with me looking for maternity clothes, until I realized that if I was going to buy maternity clothes from resale stores (that was my plan) I would end up looking like I was auditioning for "Blossom". (Julie, I know you'll be the only one to laugh at that.) So I ended up at my favorite antique mall, which is what I always do when I feel sad. I bought this dresser, which Josh wants to turn into a changing table. Seemed like a great idea until I stared sanding it (while wearing a dust mask, of course!) and the paint just won't sand off. Now we have to try a paint stripper, which I can't do (chemicals!), so I have to wait until Josh does it, which means it's gonna take forever because he has like 12 projects going at once. I don't think he reads this, which is why I can post funny pictures of him and write whatever I want. He's actually standing right next to me, but I know his attention span isn't long enough to read this whole paragraph.


When I was looking for maternity clothes I also went to target, where I managed to buy one shirt, and tried not to gag at all of the large floral patterns, and the flare legged maternity pants (who wears those?!?) I wandered up and down all of the baby aisles and got really really stressed about all of the baby stuff, and how little I know about all of it. It scared me into spending the last week doing internet research on baby items, having baby item nightmares, and making a target baby gift registry! Target's selection is pretty limited, so I'm thinking to make a Babies'R'Us one too, even though I swore I would never go in there. Just like I swore I'd never have kids! HAHAHA jokes on me. I thought that having the registry might be a good way for us to have a list of what we feel like we'll need, so it won't feel so overwhelming. I am pretty stoked on Target's "The Little Seed" line, which is organic cotton and comes in bright gender neutral colors. It's all on clearance at my Target, but not online? Anyway, I did get my first item of baby clothes (that's not counting the bibs I found on the street in a "free" box a few months ago) because I couldn't resist the sweetpea. Then I realized that there are probably thousands of baby items that say sweetpea, and maybe I shouldn't be so excited about it, or our baby will be wearing a sweetpea logo every day of his/her life.


So. I got Josh to take a picture of what my belly is actually looking like now, and here it is! I'm also wearing my new maternity jeans, which I have such love and devotion to that I have to give them their own blog post later.


1 comment:

  1. Pooch!! And I didn't know about the registry...you snuck that one past me!! that "little seed" stuff is cute...good basics. yay! And Josh could totally get the 70's Show job. He'd fit right in. Ha! I like his shoes.

    ReplyDelete