Monday, October 25, 2010

making some decisions.

The first of which is nursery colors! We don't feel like we'll use the nursery much at first, because we'll have the baby sleep in the room with us, but it seems best to get it settled now instead of after the baby is here and there is no time. We do plan to be using it for diaper changing, for clothing storage and nursing/rocking time though. We (and by we I mean I) decided on a relatively neutral color palette, since we won't know the gender and I don't care much about using stereotypical blue or pink anyway.

chocolate brown
ivory

cranberry
Aside from these colors I want to add the option of other matching colors, but I can't decide if I should go bright, like with turquoise (I do love it with the cranberry color!):

ooh, and orange?

or stay in more earthy colors, like sage green, or a pale (buttercup?) yellow.


i have these plates, love them!
I also started looking at car seats, and a co-sleeper for our bedroom (instead of a crib at first) and holy crap there are so many choices. Pretty sure I picked out the co-sleeper, but the car seat is COMPLICATED! Josh and I will have to talk it over tonight I guess. He wants one that will convert into a carrier or lock into a stroller base, but safety wise, I think I like standard car seats better. It seems crazy to buy two, they are expensive! 

I'm trying to work on a registry at babies 'r' us for you guys, but it's HARD!! I thought I'd give you colors, so if you want to buy stuff you can. But honestly, we don't really care that much about things being "matchy" so get whatever you want!

A few things I really like are on this site: babybedding.com
Love the fabrics and you can even buy the fabrics themselves!
I was going to make rocking chair pads for my rocking chair I found on the street, but I am really in love with these: Love Birds chair pads
and they have crib sets and sheets in really great colors and some are organic. Too many options!
That's two blogs in one day again, I need a nap.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    I love the print for the rocking chair pads! It is a sale tho. I wonder how long they will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..the fabrics on that site are amazing! I love them all. I like your nursery color choices...and I think the turquoise with the 3 standard colors is awesome. I like it better than the orange, FWIW. I have no comment no the car seat thing. Along with the cloth diaper discussion, car seats/strollers make my head spin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you aren't asking my opinion but i am saying it anyway. the stroller carseat combo is the way to go. moving a sleeping baby out of a carseat into a different stroller is a horrible thing! its best to be able to lift the thing out and click it in place and ROLL. lol. I love the butter yellow with the nursery colors. as much as i love turquoise, it's so bright! have you thought about adding in the brighter colors once HE is a toddler?

    ReplyDelete