Friday, March 25, 2011

Baby shower countdown!

I don't have any pictures to post for you guys today, mostly because I'm lazy. Julie and Mom get here in less than a week, and then Ali and Sherry and Mary and Krystal on Saturday… we're so excited! Hopefully it won't rain the entire time.

We're getting so close now, the Bloob is getting big and taking up so much room, it's amazingly uncomfortable. A friend of mine suggested I take magnesium to help with my restless leg problem at night, which has been keeping me from sleeping. I've been taking it for 4 days now, and it's amazing. No more restless legs, and it also makes you sleepy and relaxes your muscles, so if I take it an hour before bed I am out cold. The full night's sleep is helping my outlook so much, I am feeling way less grumpy and have more energy during the day.

The bloob is definitely head down, and hiccuping all the time. He/she kind of seems to move from head all the way down, to slightly sideways sometimes, which is fine with me, because the head down birthing position makes me feel like there is a baby head wedged between my pelvic bones and pressing on my cervix, which, oh wait, there IS! I can do with putting that feeling off a little bit longer, it's not the most comfortable. We've been able to feel lots of little arms and legs and elbows and even the spine a few times. Everytime Josh feels something he says "that's the butt!", so I know there is definitely a butt in there somewhere. The other day I got a big push on my right side and I'm pretty sure I could feel a foot and little bumpy toes.

We have a midwife appointment next week, and then I think we start going every week after that, since there are only 5 weeks left at that point. 5 weeks!!

Josh has been reading the Dr. Sears baby book that I bought a few weeks ago, so he's feeling up to speed on all things baby now. I finished "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" which was SO GOOD and really helped me feel more relaxed about the actual birth and what to expect. I'm working on a guide to breast feeding book now, which is surprisingly long. There is a lot to know!

In other news, the basement will be getting sheetrock starting on Tuesday, which is great, but may also still be happening while everyone is here. We're not sure how many days it will take them. After that we put in the floor and it will be so close to done! We may actually have extra bedrooms by the time the baby comes, which will be a big relief. That way when the baby and I need to sleep, Josh can have his own room downstairs. ha!

Also, I'm still mostly convinced the baby is a boy, but I sure am looking forward to the surprise of finding out. I'm really glad we decided not to find out early, it's actually been really fun to wonder all this time. I have to admit that sewing girl clothes seems like way more fun than boy clothes though.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, good news about the magnesium helping! who knew, right?!

    I'm on "Team Girl"! Even though I've been referring to the Bloob as "he" since the beginning. She'll forgive me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about EVERYTHING!!! 5 more weeks...getting there in 5 more days...baby shower...presents... working in the kitchen w/ my girls... seeing Josh and all his remodeling AND seeing Lisa and her BIG tummy and feeling that grandbaby of mine move. Sweet!
    Oh yeah...I can't wait to meet Josh's mom, sis, and grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is convinced that it's a girl. Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete