Thursday, November 18, 2010

16 Weeks, now with blurry photos!

It's been awhile! A week? We're 2 days past 16 weeks now, and the time has gone by quickly since I went to Austin. It was so much fun! I miss all those ladies so much already. I have a bunch of pictures, which one should I start with? How about the one where I feel fat. Looking forward to 5 more months of that feeling. And while I'm having a low self esteem moment, I hate my hair at this length. I know it's part of the growing out process, but I want it either shorter, or longer NOW.


I'm surprised by how much all the crazy hormones make me feel like crap one minute, and like a sexy pregnant lady in the next. I don't know why I'm surprised, every blog or book I read says it will happen, but as someone who has never cared much about my weight, it's a weird feeling.
In less whiney news, here are the before/after pictures of the nursery! We finished painting it, and now I guess we just need furniture to fill it up. The closet already has tiny hand-me-down hangers (thanks michelle!!) and some clothes and blankets from my family. We have gotten a couple of toys too, but we have to hide them in a drawer or Stella will rip out all of the stuffing.
Before:
After!



The second photo is a better representation of the colors, the first one was at night and it's all yellowy from the flash. I still have to put the closet doors back on, or figure out a different solution, because they are really dirty and splattered with paint.
Here's Josh, who isn't getting as much face time here, since he doesn't have a growing belly to document. He is working on a nice beard though.


And here are some pecan custard tarts, I accidentally uploaded the photo with all the others. mmmm.


This one is a preview of what I'll look like with a baby, in case you're having trouble imagining. It was so fun to meet baby Tripp and to see Meredith as a mom. Traveling with a 5 week old baby is brave, and she handled it so well! I got to carry Tripp around for an entire day of shopping, and I loved every minute of it. Julie and I were in Pier 1, it was very christmasy in there.


And the last one! Julie and I on our last day together. Miss you Jules! Thanks for driving us everywhere.



3 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you wearing Tripp. :) He was so snuggly that day. Until we froze his fingers off. I had such a great time Lisa - I can't wait for our next visit when I go to Portland! The nursery looks so great - I love those colors..I can't wait to see that closet filled with little stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree that picture with you and the baby is SUPER cute! I cant wait to actually have a real life nephew/niece! The nursery looks awesome! And i totally feel ya with the hair issues...I just (finally) got past where you are at.
    I love that your blogging all this, it makes it not seem so far away. :)
    We cant wait to see you both at xmas!!!!
    Smack Josh a couple times for me for nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krystal! I'm so happy you commented! I'm really excited to see you guys too, Josh talked to your Grandma today and she said it's snowing already.

    ReplyDelete