Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cold, clothes, and lentils.

It's cold here! The forecast said snow, and we got a little but, but mostly we just got cold. I don't need a snowstorm ruining another holiday at the bakery, so I'm glad, and the cold just makes it feel more like holidays. I love the cold weather but I'm struggling with clothes - do most women go through 9 months of pregnancy wearing the same 3 outfits? I've been shopping for maternity clothes, but so much of it is short or 3/4 sleeve, or looks like a tent. I'm probably being too picky, I know. I just want some nice plain shirts and sweaters! Gap maternity online has a few I like, I probably just need to break down and order them, and hopefully they'll fit. Luckily in the late 90's Mom bought me a wool peacoat with a hood, which I've kept all these years. That was during the years when wearing clothes too big was cool, so it's a size too large, and is now the only one of my coats that fits. I think I can get another couple of months out of it, so maybe I won't have to buy a maternity coat.

I got a letter in the mail about my blood work from my last appointment that said I am very slightly anemic. Very Slightly. Ha! I'm not too surprised since I've been having a lot of trouble swallowing my giant pre-natal vitamin every day. It makes me gag just thinking about it, so I haven't taken it as much as I should be. I've forced myself every day since then though! I've also been trying to eat more iron rich foods, and one of the best is lentils. And beans. We've eaten lentils and beans for almost every meal since then, but I don't think Josh has noticed yet. His favorite restaurant, Ya Hala, has lentil soup we both love, and it takes very little work to convince him to go there.

I worked on a registry at Babies R US, since we're all done with the nursery, I guess we're ready to start putting things in it! It started with the big stuff, and I'll work on adding the smaller items next week I think. I found another crib there that we both like, and it's cheap! We want to spend less on the crib, and more on the mattress, so we don't have one of those vinyl covered mattresses that everyone says smell really bad. This crib turns into a really cute toddler bed, and then a full size bed!


To get to the registry, go to Babiesrus.com and enter this number Registry #: 46217971 or search by our names. I also put a link over to the left side of the page. If there is something else I should add let me know, it's helping me to have a list to look at of what we will need! I guess you can buy stuff, and then arrange for us to pick it up at our Portland store, to avoid shipping. If you're dying to get me those washable nursing pads (ugh), then go for it, haha!

I can't believe I'm writing this today. I thought for sure I'd be stuck at work all day, but we are right on schedule, and we even have a record number of orders for Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to all of the fun pie baking tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. So glad for the update. Thanks Lisa! Glad you are doing good. Did the trip to the maternity store the other day not work out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...lentils. But I'm not sure I could eat them every day. Talk about fiber! I'm glad you did some more updating and adding the BRU registry. Looks like good stuff. :) Hope the pie baking is going good today.

    ReplyDelete