Thursday, November 11, 2010

A-OK

We went to see the midwives again today. Everything is great, pretty uneventful visit. Hear the heartbeat briefly again, much stronger this time, 148 beats per minute. Josh got excited. I forget that since he doesn't feel the day to day changes of carrying the baby that things don't seem as "real" to him, so it made him really giddy to get to hear the heartbeat again. I had blood drawn for general blood work, and a "quad panel", which is a screening for abnormalities like down's or spina bifida. The lady who drew my blood used one of those rubber strips to wrap my upper arm before she drew my blood, and I have never had anyone do it so tightly! I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I was gritting my teeth the whole time! Usually they take it off after they start drawing blood, but she left it until the end, so I sat through four tubes of blood with it. I'm interested to see if I have a bruise from it tomorrow. She did a good job putting the needle in though, I didn't even feel it. Although, in hindsight, maybe that was because I was focused on  the pain in my upper arm.
I'm off to Austin in the morning, bright (actually, dark) and early. Josh has the day off tomorrow, because the new furnace is being installed. He made himself a mile long to-do list for the weekend that includes cleaning all the carpets, cleaning out the car, touching up the paint in the nursery, cleaning the whole house, getting tattooed, and taking Stella on long walks.

Next appointment is Dec. 15th for the big 20 week ultrasound at the hospital, then Dec. 17th for the next one with the midwives.

No comments:

Post a Comment