Sunday, January 23, 2011

100 days to go...

The baby ticker says 100 days left! That seems like a lot from where I'm standing, but I'm sure it will fly by. I have had the work week from hell, but I can't stop thinking about how lucky I am to be having an easy pregnancy. What if I wasn't well enough to work 56 hours this week? What would we have done? I know it's just the the way it goes when you own your own business, but part of me wishes someone at work would say "Lisa, you are kicking ass for being 6.5 months pregnant! I'm so impressed you are holding up so well!" But I'll just tell myself, because I don't think it's gonna happen.
All of the standing up at work this week, plus missing my yoga class, and not drinking enough water because I was too busy to pay attention, means that my ankles are finally swollen. Which, while obviously a rite of passage of pregnancy, is still a bummer because I like to wear my pants rolled up and shoes with no socks. But now I have fat ankles and it's not so cute. Plus, I wasn't able to zip up my favorite black boots yesterday evening, because my calves were too swollen. This is really going to cut into my high fashion pregnancy.
I can't believe I'm even posting this photo, because swollen ankles kind of freak me out, especially when they're mine. But here you go. Sometimes, the truth hurts. Look at that cookie, he's staring at my ankle with dismay!


On the upside, Josh's stomach was hurting last night so he slept on the couch for most of the night (he said it was more comfortable, I dunno) and so I slept in the middle of the bed with my leg kicked up and a pillow under my knee and I slept like the dead and it was the BEST EVER! I'm not letting myself feel guilty about that.

I finally got to go to the prenatal swim class, and it was pretty great. I was worn out by the end, it was a good workout, and it felt so good to be in the water. I'm gonna try to make it more often (it's only $5, for an hour class!) but the class times don't work very well with my schedule, so I probably won't make it as regularly as my yoga class. Also, everyone else had really boring or too small bathing suits, but mine was adorable, so I win.

And! We got a whole bunch of stuff in the mail the other day from Ali and her family for Christmas, and it was from our Baby Earth registry. It's all so cute, I've been just sitting in the nursery snuggling all the tiny little clothes and stuff. It's so fun to look forward too! Thanks Al!

I feel like it was a busy week and I could just go on and on, but I'll stop for now, and try to post more tomorrow. Tomorrow I can include pictures of our now demolished basement, since Josh has spent the day ripping out all of the sheetrock and carpet and everything. He never stops.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 56hrs??? That was alot. Lisa, Can you take a picture of the swim suit?(actually, I want to see you in it, but I know that is asking too much)
    100 days! That is amazing. I think you have been a great pregnant person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The cookie DOES look really dismayed at your ankle! that's funny. :) You guys need to get a king-sized bed. All your sleep prayers will be answered. AMEN.

    And I'm glad the swim class was good, but mostly I'm glad you won at maternity bathing suit fashion. I like your priorities!

    ReplyDelete