Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is it spring yet?

The weather has been so nice here. Even when it's raining it has been warm (as in, the 50's) and trees are getting little tiny buds and it makes me want spring to be here so bad! Partially because I'm ready for the Bloob to be born, and also because I want to wear tank tops and work in the yard and soak up some sun.

Josh has been spending all of his evenings in the basement, apparently having a great time. I snuck down and took pictures, and here's what he was doing.


I'm pretty sure he was dancing when I walked in. See all those dust particles that the flash caught floating in the air? That's why I'm not supposed to be down there I guess. See Josh not caring about 1970's asbestos by not wearing a dust mask? Uh huh. There were all these built in cabinets, which Josh is really gung-ho on saving. I think they are outdated and ugly, but he's fighting for them. He has this obsessive love of storage, while I have this obsessive love of getting rid of stuff that just sits untouched in ugly cabinets for years. But since I can't go down there, he is pretty much getting to do what he wants. 


This next picture is boring, except I wanted you to see that I wasn't lying when I said that Josh has his own carpet steam cleaner. When I first saw it, I thought he had two vacuums, you know, a back-up one in case something happened to the first and he just couldn't go ONE SINGLE DAY without the ability to vacuum the house. Turns out it's for those quiet Saturdays when he feels the need to move all of the furniture out of a room and clean the carpet. The carpet then looks, to the untrained eye, exactly as clean as when he started. But it makes him feel better, and that's all that matters right?


There are more basement pictures but they are, in my opinion, which I know my mom will not share, boring. It looks like any other messy half torn apart basement, so I'm sure you can imagine. You're probably more interested in this!


Hey-o! It's my maternity swimsuit! Grandma Mary got it for me when I was in Salt Lake at Christmas. I'm sorry that I'm not willing to try it on for a photo, but I will be wearing it again this evening when I attend the swim class, and I will once again tell myself that everyone is admiring my nautical style, and not just sideways staring at my tattoos, hoping I don't notice. (OMG, is that a stretched out roach tattoo on her belly? And is he carrying a coffee mug? oh. my. god.) And here is how I currently look in my regular, modest clothes.


My hair is doing something weird (again) so don't judge me. Also, taking pictures of yourself is hard, and I have a new respect for people who do it well. A few notable things about this picture. I tried a new "hands framing the belly" pose (awkward?), the SUN IS SHINING outside the window, and do you see those boobs?! I've been trying not to mention the boobs too much, because I think Dads read this too, and I don't want to make them uncomfortable. But as a part of the whole pregnancy thing, I guess it just comes with the territory, so I will just say, I just bought a new D cup bra, and it scares me, and I had to ask what size comes after that because I did not know. The answer is DD, and I see it in my future. Aside from the boobs and belly, my weight is holding steady at 170 (I passed Josh! um, yay?) and I think I've been doing a lot better with eating. Sometimes I feel like my legs are little sticks moving around under that big belly, as this other picture I took seems to accentuate. 


I had a nice talk with my manager at work, who is taking over while I am unable to work myself to death. After this last week, I realized I can't do it anymore, and we've officially taken me off the schedule. I can work whatever schedule I want, but this is going to give me a lot more forced resting time, and more time to start baking at home, and working on the cookbook I have been putting off for 2 years now. It also gives me 3 months to make sure all of the tools they need to run the bakery without me are in place. It's been up and down, getting ready for this, but I feel like I've done of decent job of  preparing for my absence. Seems crazy that it would take so much energy to prepare for a couple months off! Anyway, the other night I baked some banana mango muffins for us to eat, and for Josh to take to work. They were so good, and I took some pictures, and this one is my favorite.


I didn't notice it until I uploaded the pictures. Do you see that cat hair? Ha! Kind of ruins it don't you think? I'll put that one in the "bloopers" section of the cookbook.



6 comments:

  1. Whoa! The Bloob is getting big! As well are your boobs. :) But you look really good...can't really see the weight anywhere but those 2 places, so yay for you!

    The swimsuit is adorable, and "admiring my nautical style" made me laugh.

    And I think the hands on belly picture wouldn't be as awkward if you were pressing them down harder, like really trying to show the edges of the belly rather than just lightly laying them there. That's my 2 cents.

    (And I saw the cat hair first thing. I have an eagle eye for that since it's a constant worry at my house, too.)

    (Also - Josh is less than 170? Toothpick!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE:
    1. Josh looks adorable and sooo Josh in Pict #1.
    2.The bathing suit is...adorable(as I'm sure you are when you wear it)
    3. Lisa, Your body looks adorable. Have fun at yoga swimming. You will be the most...adorable there.
    4 The muffins look adorable and yummy, but not the cat hair...Gagh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mim, I like how your comment had a theme! That's fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I'm not sure who Mim is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa! You look super cute, Bloob is growing so well! Josh looks so silly dancing in the basement, I think it's so great all the work you guys are putting into the nursery and baby stuff. I wish I could do that! It makes it so special. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! We ate those muffins so fast, I need to make them again. I think there was only cat hair on that one.

    ReplyDelete