Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Just another week.

It's been kind of a boring week. I wish I could write an awesome and funny blog about the 6 hours I spent on the couch yesterday watching episodes of Friday Night Lights, but there isn't really much to tell. I'm feeling very big and full of baby right now, and even just sitting on the couch is getting uncomfortable. Also today I dropped something and Michelle laughed at my awkwardness as I climbed of the chair and bent over to get it. I'm glad someone is there to laugh at me, because it really is ridiculous. I can't believe I have 3 more months to go.
Josh is out of town this week. He figured out that he has 19 days of vacation to take before the end of May, or he loses them, so he'll have plenty of time off for the baby, and hopefully some days coming up to get the basement done. I was day dreaming today of us taking a couple days off together and doing something alone before the baby comes, but I don't know how much adventure I'm up for, and I think he just wants to get the basement done.
I also keep forgetting that I have a birthday coming up, because I'm only focused on the Bloob's due date. But I'll be 35 this year! Which makes me "Advanced Maternal Age" as far as doctors are concerned. (Which reminds me, we need to find a pediatrician for the Bloob soon too.) Josh was asking me the other day what I wanted for my birthday, which I haven't even thought about. The only things I can ever think of are expensive gifts, because most other stuff I want, I just buy. So I told him I want a vacation to Germany or Hawaii, a bigger iPod, and a new bike that I will be able to ride comfortably with a baby. Hopefully I get a cute pair of earrings again, and maybe he'll cook me dinner. That would be nice.

I'm feeling a little lonely today, and I think it's mostly because Josh is gone, and I'm apparently a needy pregnant lady, but I also can't wait for the baby shower and for people to come visit. It will be fun! I've already got the cake all planned out.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're lonely Lisa. I'll get there as quick as I can!

    Also, I think you should ask for a prenatal massage for your birthday present. Or house cleaning services for a month or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I already have a live-in house cleaning service. Grandma Mary sent me some money recently to buy myself/baby something, and I was considering a prenatal massage. My neck and shoulders could really use it.

    12 days til you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, we were laughing at you TOGETHER, right? you know i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I forgot about your live-in maid service - that's handy.

    ReplyDelete