Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Extreme Nesting

Here it is, 28 weeks of heavy, awkward baby. Am I wearing the same outfit as last time? Probably! Because I like to wear the same thing every day, and I've settled into a maternity uniform of $8 target t-shirt, tank top (under the t-shirt, keeps it from riding up!), and jeans.


Also, I keep waiting for my belly button to pop out, but I don't think it's going to happen. Pregnancy has led me to discover that I have the deepest, most cavernous belly button you can imagine, and I still can't see the inside of it, even with all this stretching.

Josh has been working away on the basement every night after work. It's kind of hard to show it to you at this stage, because it looks like a total disaster, but I guess that's the way it goes. He pulled up all of the carpet, scraped up the old floor tiles and has now scraped the walls and painted them with the first coat of concrete sealer. Two more coats of that to go, and then the floor.


I ended up kind of accidentally getting my way about all the built in cabinets. Once we realized we could put a bathroom in down there, we came up with a new layout that involves a short hallway, and it needed to go where the big cabinet was. So Josh pulled it out, and HOLY CRAP it made such a huge difference! It opened up the space so much. The window in the last picture and in this one below are both getting cut out and turned into full size egress windows, which will be so nice for light.


He was able to take the built-ins out in pieces, and they are actually really nice, so we're able to save them to use as storage in the laundry room part of the basement. This one in particular is so well built, and has lots of nice drawers, it will be a great cabinet for down there.


Josh is pushing himself so hard to get all of this done, he's been exhausted every evening. He has the whole basement torn up, the changing table halfway varnished in the garage, along with another little side table for the Bloob's room, and he hasn't vacuumed the house in almost 2 weeks. I'm going to do it today and surprise him. I was tempted to not to do it, and see how long he would let it go, but that seems mean. Plus, Valentine's day is coming up, and I should be doing nice things.

When we cleaned out the basement I went through some boxes I never unpacked when I moved in, and came across a bunch of old pictures. This one is valentine's themed, so how can I not post it? 2nd grade. Check out that sweet sweat shirt with hearts on it! And I was also wearing matching sweat pants! Julie, I'm pretty sure you had a matching one just like it, but in pink. Do you remember?


I have a few photos from this day at the beach, and I love them so much. I only wish there was one of mom, so I could know what she looked like at the time too. Dad, look at all that black hair! And with those glasses you'd fit right in in Portland now. That baby is me.


A few days ago I bought myself a fancy box of vegan Valentine's day chocolates from Food Fight. I figured that if Josh didn't get me anything I would pretend they were from him, just like I did with my Christmas stocking (pumice stone, lip gloss, and new mascara! just what I wanted!). I hid them in my closet, under my stack of shorts, which aren't gonna get worn for a long time, so I figured they'd be safe. But I couldn't stop thinking about them. I mean, look how pretty they are. So today I had one. Then two. But that's it! I put them back under the shorts, and I'll try to forget for a few more days.


That's all I've got guys. We have a midwife appointment coming up again on the 15th, then one at the end of March, and then we start going every two weeks. Final countdown!

4 comments:

  1. Confession: I bought myself a heart shaped box of chocolates today, too. I couldn't resist. I've eaten more than two. :(

    (Those sweats look VERY familiar, but I seem to remember a set I had that were pink and had rhinestones and maybe lace all over it?)

    (You sure were cute with those pigtails.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh!!! I am getting so excited, just looking at you!! You look awesome!!! I haven't had a grandbaby in soooo long! Can't wait.
    Josh, Thanks for all that hard work! Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    You were the special person of the week, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures!! I am going to have to dig through and see if I can find some pictures from long ago too. Keep meaning to do that. The basement is moving along. I love the idea of having lots of light in there. It's too bad Josh doesn't have someone that can help him out with some of it. Sounds like he is working himself to death!

    The chocolates look really yummy! I SO want some now! Thanks for that!

    You're getting so close... VERY exciting!

    XOXO,

    Char

    ReplyDelete