Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nursery

 I got home from work the other day and Josh had moved all of the stuff out of the nursery that I couldn't. He's had two extra days off this week, and it's been so nice. I got to spend a day arranging everything in there, and it's making me happy to see it all put together. It's so warm and cozy. We both feel some relief to have it done enough that if the Bloob came now, we wouldn't be freaking out.

My friend Kurt made these paintings for me awhile ago, after my cat George died. The little lion looks just like George, and the bottom of the painting says "stitched heart". The elephant says "and something about never forgetting". They weren't meant to be kid's paintings originally, but they fit so well and I love them so much, I hope the Bloob loves them too.


The little yellow side table in this picture I bought from my favorite antique mall with some of the money Grandma Mary sent (I'm saving the rest for a massage!), and the ottoman I made myself out of a fruit crate and some old favorite fabric. Josh says it looks like old man pants. I'm waiting for him to put legs on it for me, which he cut out of some old chair legs.


We love the crib! Ikea mattress size is the same as any other (whew) so the sheets I got recently at Tuesday Morning fit. After I got everything in place in here, I sat down in the chair and promptly fell asleep. 


We still have some work to do on this wall. The changing table still needs drawer pulls, a changing table pad, and baskets for the bottom shelf for storage. We're going to hang shelves on this wall over the table to hold supplies, as well as books and toys and stuff.


We may love the crib, but someone else loves it more. It took Richard all of 10 minutes to make himself right at home. I think he was actually grumpy that I was disturbing him for a picture. This was his one day of being allowed in there, and now it's off limits. Josh's mom made the quilt he is sleeping on, it's such a great match for the room!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad Richard got the boot, but the room looks great! I still love that closet curtain, and that lion picture of George gives my heart a twinge. Nice work, guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really looks great! I love everything.

    ReplyDelete