Sunday, February 27, 2011

This was supposed to be funny

I tried to do something funny for Josh, but it turned out to just be creepy. I went to the thrift store the other day to get coffee mugs for the bakery, and i got sucked into baby clothes. I had better luck there than any other store I've been to so far! I got some OshKosh overalls for 50 cents, and a couple onesies. I decided to make a fake baby on the new changing pad with a note for Josh when he came home.


Turns out, fake babies are creepy.


I had planned to put up a nice long post today with more sewing projects (changing table covers, so easy!) and some other updates, but I left my camera in my car, at work, with my bag of stuff from a wedding cake I did today, so now it will have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry.

The Bloob is getting BIG and moving around so much. Feeling the body parts is so fun! I still can't totally tell what stuff is, but you can definitely feel either big protrusions (head, butt, back) or smaller limbs (legs, arms, feet). As far as we can tell, he/she has been spending a lot of time sideways, and every once in awhile I'll start feeling lots of pressure down low, so I'm guessing there is still lots of flipping around going on. 

We filled out our "birth plan" questionnaire from the birthing center the other day. It's pretty simple, and honestly, we don't have much of a plan. We know we don't want anyone else in the birthing room but us and the midwives, we said we'd bring our own music (I like those midwives, but I don't trust their taste in music) (I'm imagining buddhist chanting, or indigo girls), yes we'd like them to take some pictures for us, and our biggest fears about birth and labor are: pain management, complications, feeling useless (josh), and struggling with breast feeding. 
We are taking 2 birthing classes in April, one at the birthing center, and one taught by my yoga teacher, which I am really looking forward to. Hopefully the classes will ease some of our fears a little bit.

Also, I had 2 separate dreams last night that the Bloob was a girl. Although, in one dream, she was a little asian girl, so take that for what you will. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh...yeah, that is just creepy. If the bloob comes out Asian, I'm afraid there are going to have to be some very awkward conversations.

    ReplyDelete