Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cauliflower

24 weeks and the bloob is a head of cauliflower? I am having trouble with all of these round food analogies, because the baby isn't round. Why not something longer than it it wide? Like, say, an eggplant? Or the cable tv remote control? Or maybe something with arm and legs, like a 10 week old kitten?
Bloob's been kicking up a storm the past couple of weeks, especially after I eat, and at about 8pm. Josh and I can see the movement from the outside of my belly now, and it's SO WEIRD! Yesterday I google image searched 24 week old baby to see what she (we're on a "she" week) looks like, and she's like a real baby in there! Lucky for you, I did the google image search. DON'T DO IT! There is a lot of sad and disturbing and gross stuff that comes up. Here are the highlights, so you can skip it.

baby panda, don't know how many weeks, but if I don't have a human baby, i hope I have a panda baby.

24 week old preemie who survived. I cried when i read the story along with this one. But that's what the bloob looks like right now! like a BABY!
And believe it or not, those were the only good pictures. So to distract from that topic, I've been crafting up a storm, and really really enjoying it. It will be the beginning of February before some of you get your xmas presents, but it will be worth the wait! I'm finally getting used to my new sewing machine too, which is making things a bit easier.

Julie bought us the first items from our Baby Earth registry! I'm feeling jealous, because that means she has those cute orange diapers in her possession to look at and snuggle with any time she wants. I have a bunch of pictures to post again, including another belly picture, because I am growing fast now, but this time Josh has the camera with him at work. I finally gained a pound, which puts me at 168. Part of me is ready to cross that 170 mark, and the other part is dreading it. I ate two candy bars today, (after my healthy lunch) so I should be well on my way. I ate one, and then I wanted another, and I thought, how often in my life can I do that without feeling guilty? So I did. The second one wasn't as good, so lesson learned for later when I'm trying to drop the baby weight.

Anyway, when Josh gets home, I'll add some photos. Right now, I gotta go sew.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post for several reasons.
    1 - baby pandas! I hope you have one of those, as well!
    2 - I think the man's hand in that picture is unusually large, because if your baby is supposed to be 13.5 inches long, something's wrong there. I measured my hand and it is 7", so your baby should be 2 times the length of my hand! (in case you wanted to know.)
    3 - (2) candy bars = bad for losing weight, but (1) candy bar = good for losing weight? :)
    4 - that orange diaper and I have bonded. not sure I can let it go, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you and Josh are getting a Christmas/Welcome Baby Gift from us. Guess I need to get busy on that since you only have about 3 months left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post too, mostly because Lisa sounds happy and I like the way she writes. Ditto for the post above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those baby pandas are so cute. I'm so excited to hear about the changes that are happening. I can't imagine how it feels to have a lil one inside and seeing all the moving on the outside. Hopefully someday!

    I agree about the cauliflower thing. That's strange!

    I didn't send something from the Baby Earth registry, but it was organic! :) Did you get the blanket? It came from Amazon, and they are so horrible about putting notes in the packages... so if you got something from Amazon and not sure where from, it was me :)

    Char

    ReplyDelete