Tuesday, September 21, 2010

8 Weeks, oops

Today was my first visit to the midwives. It was just a consultation, I got a tour of the clinic and decided if I liked it enough to spend the next 9 months letting them poke and prod me. It was good, I was into it. Josh was out of town for work again , so I went by myself, which was a little sad. Leela had breakfast with me after, so then I felt better. Anyway, they assigned me a due date of May 12th, 2011.  When I got home I was talking to Ali and we figured out that every time they ask me "date of last menstrual period?" I give them the date it ended, and really they want the date it started. I don't understand why doctors are never more specific about this. I want to hear "On what day did your last period start?", which leaves it much less open to interpretation for people like me, who have a period, but are relatively clueless to how the whole cycle thing works. So, that means I screwed it all up, and I'm actually 8 weeks pregnant, not seven. Which means all this week I've been thinking my baby is the size of a blueberry, when the internet tells me it's really the size of a grape! Ali also said I need to start having pictures of my belly so I can compare as it grows, but I'm too shy to take one with my shirt pulled up. Here's the tank top covered version:
That bump you're seeing is my normal level of pudginess, so don't get all exited. And the plastic bag in my back pocket is a poop bag from the walk I just went on with Stella. There is no poop in it.

2 comments:

  1. Well, thank goodness you explained the plastic bag! Whew. :) Alright...you've got to be diligent about the weekly pics. I insist.

    ReplyDelete