Thursday, September 23, 2010

Monkeys and weddings

So I added the little Lilypie ticker to the top of the blog page, which is showing the baby at the size of a raspberry. In 2002 or 2003-ish I started reading this page called One More Monkey. I came across it somehow when I was in college, you guys know how I love monkeys. This woman in Australia was working on her drawing skills and gave herself the assignment of drawing a monkey a day. I kept up with it, and unfortunately she didn't do it super long, because I loved her drawings. Somewhere in there she got pregnant, had a baby, and invented the Lilypie tickers. I've sporadically kept up with her blog and her photo album over the years, and kind of watched her daughter grow up. It feels a little creepy and stalker-ish to admit that for some reason, but I always sort of felt like I wanted her to be my friend, if she didn't live on the other side of the world. Anyway, I'm excited to finally have a reason to use on of her tickers myself, since I feel some sense of attachment to them. I've also always wanted to buy one of her monkey prints, but I never do it.

Tomorrow Josh and I are getting married, pretty short notice and very informal, but I think it will be fun. Feeling a little sad that our parents won't be here, but I'll look forward to the party we will have next year. It's supposed to be 78 degrees and sunny tomorrow, so our bike ride downtown is looking good! I've been feeling pretty good the last few days, so I'm hopeful for having lots of energy tomorrow. I also did the yoga video again today and saw some small improvement already. Gonna try to keep it up, and become a contortionist at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I've been following a ton of blogs about other people's lives and kids for many years now, and a lot of times I think I know more about the 'internet (strangers) friends' than I do about friends in real life! And I wish that I could be real-life friends with so many of them! (BTW...I like the new background.)

    ReplyDelete