Monday, September 13, 2010

Ugh and Yay!

I'm waffling a bunch between feeling exhausted and mildly nauseous to being really excited about the baby. My schedule at the bakery has been pretty rough this week, and I thought I would handle it pretty well, but I wasn't expecting how tired I would be feeling, or how HUNGRY. I need to eat every half an hour or so or I feel like I'm going to pass out. I haven't had any typical morning sickness, just really mild queasiness if I don't eat often enough. I feel like a squirrel, I've got cashews and dried fruit in the pockets of my hoodie, so i can just shove some in my mouth as soon as i feel hungry. I know my employees are thinking its weird.
Josh was out of town all last week for work, and that was unexpectedly rough as well, I mostly just missed him, and was overly emotional about it for a couple of days. I feel worried about the amount of traveling he will be doing not only while I'm pregnant, but after the baby comes. It didn't help that he ended up in the hospital instead of flying home, and that added quite a bit of stress to the weekend. I'll be pretty happy when my weddings taper off after this month, it should free up my schedule more, and maybe I can get more sleep.
Speaking of sleep, it's not happening very well for me these last couple of weeks. I have to get up to pee 10 times a night (I'm considering a diaper), and every light or movement in the room wakes me up. I told Josh yesterday that he had to stay on his side of the bed all night, and he did a pretty good job of it, I think that helped a bit. My boobs (which I'm sure everyone wants to hear about) are slowly getting bigger. They're sore but not as much as I expected. I guess overall, being pregnant hasn't been very bad so far. The problem is mostly that I don't lie resting, or sitting still all that much, and I think I tend to push it too far when I really need to rest. I just get mad at feeling tired, when I should be listening to what my body needs.
I was going to take the obligatory "belly at 6 weeks" photo, but I can't tell any difference so far. My belly is always so poochy anyway, it just looks like always. I'm most concerned about how my roach tattoo will stretch. Ha!
I've been waiting and waiting for this coming weekend, when we finally get to tell all of the grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment